If you wish to export any of your own firearms, ammunition, parts or accessories you will need to apply to Customs for a 'Restricted Goods Permit'. In certain circumstances, you may also need to submit additional information to Customs. For assistance with your particular situation, contact Australian Customs.

If the exported item(s) will not be brought back into Australia, you must advise Licensing & Regulation Division and provide a copy of the relevant export documentation. If the exported article(s) will be brought back into Australia, you will need an Import Permit before you export the item from Australia. You must also inform LRD in writing within 14 days of returning to Australia where you will ordinarily store each firearm you own.